Skip to main content

Source of True Happiness: Interview with Millionaire

 *"I want to remember your face so that when I meet you in heaven, I will be able to recognize you and thank you once again"* 



In an interview, the Radio Jockey asked his guest, a millionaire, *"What made you most happy in life?"


The millionaire said:


I have gone through four stages of happiness in life and finally I understood the true happiness.


The first stage was to accumulate wealth and means. But at this stage I did not get the happiness


Then the second stage of collecting valuable items. But I realized that the effect of this is also temporary and the lustre of valuable things don't last long.


Then came the third stage of getting big projects. Like buying a football team, buying a tourist resort, etc. But even here I did not get the happiness, which I had imagined. 


The fourth time a friend of mine asked me to buy wheelchairs for disabled. I immediately bought them... But my friend insisted that I accompany him and hand over the wheelchairs to the disabled children. I got ready...

I gave these chairs to the needy children with my own hands. I saw the strange glow of happiness on the faces. I saw them all sitting on chairs, moving around and having fun... It was as if they had arrived at a picnic spot.

 One of the kids grabbed my legs while I was leaving the place. I gently tried to free my legs but the child stared at my face...

I bent down and asked the child: Do you need anything else?

The answer of the child not only made me happy but also changed my life completely. 

The child said "I want to remember your face so that when I meet you in heaven, I will be able to recognize you and thank you once again"

One of the sources of happiness is Charity


One of the sources of peace is Charity


One of the sources of  satisfaction is Charity and helping others


Act of giving is actually act of receiving


One of the sources of achieving  Pleasure of Allah is Charity


At numerous verses of Holy Quran and many Hadith, we are encouraged and commanded to help others, to give charity..

Benefits of Charity on Day of Judgement:

“O you who believe! Spend of that with which We have provided for you, before a Day comes when there will be no bargaining, nor friendship, nor intercession. And it is the disbelievers who are the Zaalimoon (wrongdoers)”
[al-Baqarah 2:254] 

Multiple increase in rewards of charity:

“The likeness of those who spend their wealth in the way of Allaah, is as the likeness of a grain (of corn); it grows seven ears, and each ear has a hundred grains. Allaah gives manifold increase to whom He wills. And Allaah is All-Sufficient for His creatures’ needs, All-Knower.

Don't give charity as Favours on others and don't remind your Favours:

262. Those who spend their wealth in the Cause of Allaah, and do not follow up their gifts with reminders of their generosity or with injury, their reward is with their Lord. On them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve”

[al-Baqarah 2:261-262] 

Allah accepts good charity:

 It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever gives charity equal to a date from good (halal) earnings – for Allaah does not accept anything but that which is good – Allaah will take it in His right hand and tend it for the one who gave it as any one of you tends his foal, until it becomes like a mountain.”

 Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1344; Muslim, 1014. 

Two angels: Hadith on Charity

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There is no day on which the people get up but two angels come down and one of them says, ‘O Allaah, give in compensation to the one who spends (in charity),’ and the other says, ‘O Allaah, destroy the one who withholds.’”  

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 1374; Muslim, 1010. 

Those who do not give charity will be destroyed


450 Good morning messages for status and sharing