Skip to main content

Dua for Forgiveness of Sins and Mercy of Allah and Dua in Salah after Tashahhud and Darud Shareef


Abu Bakr As-Siddiq (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I requested the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) to teach me a supplication which I could recite in my Salat (prayer). Thereupon he said, "Recite: `Allahumma inni zalamtu nafsi zulman kathiran, wa la yaghfirudh-dhunuba illa Anta, faghfir li maghfiratan min `indika, warhamni, innaka Antal-Ghafur-ur-Rahim (O Allah! I have considerably wronged myself. There is none to forgive the sins but You. So grant me pardon and have mercy on me. You are the Most Forgiving, the Most Compassionate).'''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

Commentary: It is desirable to recite this prayer in Salat after Tashahhud and before Taslim. One can also recite it at all other times also.

450 Good morning messages for status and sharing