Skip to main content

Dua: When wearing a garment

Invocation when getting dressed




" الْحَمْدُ للهِ الَّذِي كَسَانِي هَذَا (الثَّوبَ) وَرَزَقَنِيهِ مِنْ غَيْرِ حَوْلٍ مِنِّي وَلَا قُوَّةٍ".
 
5. Alhamdu lillaahil-lathee kasaanee haathaa (aththawba) wa razaqaneehi min ghayri hawlim-minnee wa laa quwwatin.
Praise is to Allah Who has clothed me with this (garment) and provided it for me, though I was powerless myself and incapable
Reference: Al-Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, At-Tirmithi. See also 'Irwa'ul-Ghalil 7/47.

Invocation when putting on new clothes


"اللَّهُمَّ لَكَ الْحَمْدُ أَنْتَ كَسَوْتَنِيهِ، أَسْأَلُكَ مِنْ خَيْرِهِ وَخَيْرِ مَا صُنِعَ لَهُ، وَأَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّهِ وَشَرِّ مَا صُنِعَ لَهُ".
 
6. Allaahumma lakal-hamdu 'Anta kasawtaneehi, 'as'aluka min khayrihi wa khayri maa suni'a lahu, wa 'a'oothu bika min sharrihi wa sharri ma suni'a lahu.
O Allah, praise is to You. You have clothed me. I ask You for its goodness and the goodness of what it has been made for, and I seek Your protection from the evil of it and the evil of what it has been made for.
Reference: Abu Dawud and At-Tirmithi. See also Al-Albani, Mukhtasar Shamd'il At-Tirmithi, p. 47.

450 Good morning messages for status and sharing