Skip to main content

Dua for Peace, Safety and Protection in this world and Akhirah (Hereafter, Life after Death)

 Abul-Fadl Al-`Abbas bin `Abdul-Muttalib (May Allah be pleased with him) reported: I asked the Messenger of Allah (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) to teach me a supplication. He (sallallaahu ’alayhi wa sallam) said, "Beg Allah for safety (from all evils in this world and in the Hereafter).'' I waited for some days and then I went to him again and asked him: "O Messenger of Allah Teach me to supplicate something from Allah.'' He said to me, "O Al-`Abbas, the uncle of Messenger of Allah! Beseech Allah to give you safety (Al-a'fiyah ) in this life and in the Hereafter.'' (Allahumma innee as-alukal Aafiyata Fidduniya wal akhirati)
[At-Tirmidhi].

Commentary: The prayer for "Al-a' fiyah'' includes peace and safety of one's religion and one's welfare in this world as well as in the Hereafter. This is also a very comprehensive prayer.

450 Good morning messages for status and sharing